Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, VirginiaOther ADR Services: Early Neutral Evaluation, Med-Arb
Mr. Laurie, founding partner of Laurie & Brennan, LLP, practices construction law in Chicago and nationwide. He concentrates his practice on all facets of construction law including contract negotiation, dispute resolution, mediation and arbitration, and construction litigation. Mr. Laurie has been a certified mediator and arbitrator for over 15 years providing mediation services around the country on all types of construction disputes.
- Contract Disputes
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
University of Michigan Law School, JD - 1986 Northwestern University, BA cum laude - 1983
Memberships & Affiliations
- Best Lawyers in America named him the 2013 "Lawyer of the Year" in Chicago Construction Law
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business presented him with the highest individual rating for Illinois construction lawyers;
- The PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook 2009 lists him as "highly recommended," commenting that "he is well regarded in the market for advising on project delivery methods, contract negotiations and dispute avoidance;"
- Listing in The International Who's Who of Construction Lawyers;
- Listing in Who's Who Legal: Illinois;
- Listing in The Best Lawyers in America;
- Listing as an Illinois Super Lawyer;
- Leading Lawyer Network where he is listed among the Top 10 Construction Lawyers in Illinois and as a top lawyer in the Lawyer Mediation category, the Top 100 Leading Business Lawyers in Illinois, and the Top 100 Leading Lawyers in Illinois;
- Martindale Hubbell rates him “AV,” the highest rating available, reflecting pre-eminent legal ability and the highest professional and ethical standards;
- Mr. Laurie and his team were recognized in 1999 by Sears, Roebuck & Co. with the first Sears Construction World Class Partner Award.
$675/hour - split between parties.